SAAPA Hangar Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly-Out to Cedar Key

3 posters

Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Fly-Out to Cedar Key

Post by Radar Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:00 am

As we did this year, the fly-out is planned for February 6, 2010. Arrive at CDK, walk, bike, or take Judy's taxi to town, then have an appetizer. Walk on the dock, beach, and sidewalks of this old lumber mill town. Go tour the Island Hotel, built in the mid 1850's. Rumor has it that the place is haunted. It is now time for seafood, of which there is a abundance. After eating, let's take a pontoon boat over to the uninhabited island, hike and bird watch. The dolphins are plentiful. The neat thing about Cedar Key is that it is like entering a time warp, and is only an hour away in most planes. We had about 15 participants on Super Bowl Saturday 2009. Let's see if we can double that. Invite a guest!
I will post some links and pictures, but it is time to go roast a turkey now. Merry Christmas, everyone.
Radar
Radar

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Re: Fly-Out to Cedar Key

Post by ScottJSmith Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Sounds like a fun time, Ken. I'll add it to the SAAPA calendar and home page.

Cedar Key Airport and other Island information can be found at: http://cedarkey.org/island.html#airport

ScottJSmith

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Fly-Out to Cedar Key

Post by Radar Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:12 am

Is anybody else interested in going?
Radar
Radar

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Fly out to Cedar Key

Post by jaxzeek Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Sounds like a great thing to do. I'm marking my calendar.
TJ Wagner

jaxzeek

Back to top Go down

Post by mdeck Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I went last year, planning on going again this year, weather permitting.

mdeck

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Cedar Key

Post by Radar Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

FLASH! Deb will be in Cedar Key with a nine-passenger vehicle. If you care to be transported from the airport to town and back, call her at (904)509-6561. That is THIS weekend, so make your plans. The Cedar Key taxi lady (Judy) is (352)543-5406 or (352)949-2127. You can usually call her on 122.9 when you approaching CDK. Print this post and take it with you.
We are staying at the Island Hotel. (352)543-5111. www.islandhotel-cedarkey.com/ We are dining everywhere! Smile
Radar
Radar

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Credar Key

Post by Tobe T Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 am

Great idea again! It was fun last year & we look forward to going again this year - weather is looking OK as of this morning's predictions.............

Tobe T

Back to top Go down

Fly-Out to Cedar Key Empty Cedar Key

Post by Radar Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Yes, it was cold and windy. Thanks for the seven of you who joined us Saturday in Cedar Key. We met a couple later in the day (at Coconuts) who had flown in from Orlando but weren't eager to get out of the airport due to the strong crosswind. They ended up spending the night. Good choice in that little Grumman.
Radar
Radar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum